Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2007

say again



I about gave myself an ulcer this morning. Couldn't draw worth shit and hit the panic button. What if I never will again??? (draw halfway decently, that is) And then I started boiling over. Stupid art! Stupid brain that doesn't work when I want it to!

Do you know how many times I've gone through this over the last year and a half, since I started drawing and painting again?

Well, lots.

So I ate a poisonous cookie after dinner at work and immediately felt so tired. By poisonous I mean full of crap like high fructose corn syrup and probably hydrogenated oil. Your basic cheap Safeway cookie, I think. I rationalized that I eat so many whole foods and so many vegetables, one lousy cookie wouldn't hurt. Wow it was sweet. And, good. But this happens sometimes after I eat high fructose and shit. So I dragged my ass up the hill on my bike, and I got out my pencil and eraser, and just ignored any reference photos and worked from the sketch I'd begun this morning, filling in my own details.

This works for me! And, the time that I spent drawing, then painting, brushing my teeth, showering, photographing and now blogging, has been the best ninety mintues of my day. Possibly my week.

Thanks for saying hi everyone! Will reply to your most entertaining, heartening and lurvely comments later. I really need to sleep now though. The neighbors were up at all kinds of horrid hours tromping around last night. I'm hoping that tonight there is none of that, and I dream a cool dream or two, to draw a few pictures from.

No comments: