Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

over the hump day

I was given this plant six years ago by a coworker, when my brother died. At the time, it was in full bloom. It hasn't bloomed in six years...this year, it popped out with beautiful flowers! Even more than before, I think! Isn't it just...I love it. I guess I finally found the right spot in the apartment for it. Maybe it just needs its own space, now there are no other plants around it:





Ya know, I just feel so damn rich. I spent my weekend doing just what I wanted. I was sleepy, I slept. On a nice comfortable couch, and a nice comfortable bed (I start on the couch, get up to pee, then climb up in bed, it's a tall bed, and half my apartment is stashed underneath, how convenient...I love having two beds. I could make a third around here somewhere, I just know it..). I was hungry, I ate. My larder is full. I mean, god, I open the cupboard, and there is food. I open the fridge, and there is food. I can afford to eat organic vegetables. I know how to cook and feed myself. It's basic, but there's a depth to that simplicity that I really appreciate and get off on. I go to my art table, and although I don't have really nice expensive paper, I do have nice watercolor paper, and stuff people have given me, and I have learned and/or inherited the gift of scrounge, so I have art materials. I have a brain. My legs work, I can hop on my bike and go for a ride in the glorious outdoors.

Ya know? Life is good!

And now, I am co-moderating a group on Yahoo! It's a great bunch and it's fantastic to be knowing these folk and helping to make things lope along like we do. We have a love of creativity and art in common (no surprise there). We'd never have met, most likely, if it weren't for the internet. You gotta love it.

This evening after work, I walked to the bus stop. The bus station is right across the street from where I work, but I have to either wait forty-five minutes for the next one out at the late-ish hour I'm done with my shift...or I can walk to a bus stop along the way. So I do that. I go for a 45/50 minute walk and catch it...beautiful, I get to enjoy the evening, have a nice stretch.

So this evening I noticed several spots with swarms of ants! Never before have I seen this! And this, just after remarking to Princess Pepper Cloud that I will not ever step on an ant, if I can help it (if you haven't followed the link....her charming drawings, semi-seussian, depict ants in all manner of frolicking and whatnot).

HUH!

Off to beds I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which group is it? I'd love to join.