Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

here's lookin' atcha

Drew this up yesterday morning while listening to that Breezeblock CD - you know, the one where Bjork hosts? - because I decided to make a deco. Theme is Self Portrait:



If you are the sort of person who enjoys sharing and swapping art like ATCs, chunky books, decos and the like, you might wanna check out Yahoo! LMAO group. That's where I am co-modding. I'll tellya right up front (and this is on the home page too): we're not a sticker-and-glitter-and-staples kind of group. But it's not a stuffy place either. It's a place for people who spend a lot of time and thought with their artwork (I'm not dissing staples, or tape, or stickers, but we're most interested in illustrating, painting, and drawing). Serious inquiries only and I'm working on a questionnaire that'll go out if you hit the Join This Group Button.

Come on over and join us at OriginalArtDecos too - for more of the same, different mod - my friend Annie just created the group and we would LOVE for more people to join us making, sharing, and working in Decos that you make and illustrate.

I am SO stoked - I got a free ticket, courtesy of The City of Eugene (I am an employee) for the Eugene Film Festival. I was so bummed to miss the animation festival at our local art house cinema a couple weeks ago...now I get to go and see films from around the world, for three days! It's a freakin' $35 ticket!! First come first serve and I was RIGHT in queue for that one. Tomorrow after work I'm going to truck down the block to DIVA (local arts center) and take a gander. Saturday is an extra day off for me, and sunday's a regular...I can pick and choose, ride into town, treat myself on the City's dime to some fine visual fare oh yeah!

I am so sleepy. I need to get me to bed.

No comments: