Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

illo fryday - CAKE



"Let 'em eat cake! I don't care! Just get me out of this hellish pink!"

Here we have another multi-purpose image! I'm learning! For a small book to draw in (one for a gal who is working in an art journal I am presently passing around...care to join?....and maybe I'll just make one for myself with this fellow too) and also for this week's illustrative theme. It's a carving from a piece of some kind of rubber, I drew the image directly on it, and then printed on a piece of paper.

I was going to draw a man walking down the street eating what looks like a hamburger, but it is really cake. This is why:

Sweets In Disguise

Sugoi!!!!! (marvelous!)

Got a new Speedball carving set, oh yeah, uh huh. Putting that magical little tool to lots of good use these last few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I love it!!

Tony LaRocca said...

I can hear Kevin from the Kids in the Hall: "Evil Cake! EVIL!"