Pages

Monday, May 01, 2006

all in a day...or ten

Wrote this morning, but couldn't upload a pic so I drafted it...now I'm back and the pictures are uploading fine so here's the first installment:

Two guys are here, installing new carpet! I've lived here nine years, and the carpets weren't even cleaned when I moved in. Finally, this year, I asked the owner for new paint and carpet, explaining that neither had been refreshed when I moved in nigh one decade ago. It's getting quite dusty in here. That carpet is nasty. Shall it be a shoeless household once the new floor is laid?

And I'll tell you a secret. Last week when filming for hinterlandia, I spilled some ink on the floor.

ha ha haaaa!!

Went for a walk last night hoping to capture some really cool footage but my little camera just isn't powerful enough for the subtlelies in darkness I wanted to pick out. So I had to use a flash and a still instead of do the video I wanted.



So now, it's 10pm. Lovely day. Sent off a passel of stuff earlier - decos I made, decos I deco'd, mail art, ATC's. I finally got inspired for the Sharpie Only ATC swap with my new pal Jessye in Idaho:





Last week it was such nice weather that I decided to get my Target (say it like français - 'Tar-JAY') fix and swung over there on my bike ride home to cash in my two dollar in store credit, and bought a pack of four pastel sharpies. Only had to filch a dollar bill outta my wallet for that little excursion. GOD! Simple pleasures! I love Target...I walked in there and inhaled deeply - that snack bar smell makes me weak in the knees every time. It's the popcorn mostly I think. And I can't say I'd never ever ever eat it, but...it's not something I'd buy and eat. But the smell...mmmm.

However - I loathe microwave popcorn smell.

The carpet smell is....very...not-nice. I've left the doors and windows open as long as I can without freezing my arse off. So hopefully I'll live through the night and the carpet will stop fouling up my apartment soon.

Went on a ride this afternoon and this time, packed along my camera. Some videos to upload this-a-way. I figured out how to convert avi to mov! Wow - mov files are way smaller. And I think I can do editing in iMovie with them too.

I need an early retirement.

No comments: