Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Circe



I just learned about Circe, latin circus, ring of animals; also known as She-Falcon, death-bird (kirkos)...and as cirque/circle, spinner of Fate and Destiny-weaver. I guess people associate her with turning men to swine but in fact (as the legends go) anyone who steps foot on her island just bought a one-way ticket into her menagerie. The above image is an 8"x8" page for a Creatures of the Night Deco, by Trish in Idaho for our friend Annie in New York. Thanks Trish for the inspiration!

Last night I did an ATC for a Carnival (circus, hee hee) Sideshow swap:


And I just received a Mythology deco, so there is more Circe on the way. I think I saw a Mail Art call for Goddesses or something like that too....

What a gorgeous day today! I did art, rode my bike an entirely new route - I was a scout and explorer today, much fun. Got a bunch of stuff done around the house...now that the weather's warm and sunny, I can once again put my line up on the back balconey to hang the laundry up to dry. I love it.

1 comment:

Tony LaRocca said...

I had a few girlfriends who would have insisted that all men ARE swine, and wouldn't need transformation. Cool pics.