Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

Oh, what another amazing day this has been. Went for that longer bike ride again too...figured it's about 12 miles. That's long when you're not in the habit, but not long if you're gonna do the STP (Seattle To Portland - two century rides in two days....GAH! No thanks!!). It's nice to feel so good, to have the strength, health, and time to do ride my bike like this. And the sun was shining on us all day long. I'm sure all the people on holiday really appreciated it! (it's my usual day off)

I finished up a couple ATCs for a Skull and Bones trade. Of course I had to carve some images with my handy dandy new Speedball carving tool set. Will I ever tire of it? Mmmm...who cares! I'm having a blast right now!!

This is Marmalade Cat Dreams of Picked Clean Herring:



And this...this kinda scares ME! In a good way. It's Kali - On A Good Day:



Both done with a Millenium ZIG peg 01 size (very fine) and watercolor on Strathmore 130lb.

Had quite a fun time washing ink down the drain, it's so cool with the bubbles and all:



You KNOW I am going to film it next time, when the ink is just coming off the brayer and the glass.

And finally, this evening, a flipbook video. I loved making those as a kid!! In one, I drew a chicken emerging from an egg, and the last frame said

OCH

meaning, of course, "OUCH!!"

I wonder if I still have that...my mother was famous for saving all my stuff but I went through a frenzied purge several months ago. Surely I wouldn't have thrown that out?! Well, maybe tomorrow I'll look.

Ok back to the art table with me, I go! And hello to all of you who may be stopping by and have emailed me. I have been thinking about you all, all day - really. Lurve!

No comments: