Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Je ne regret pas



Well, last night's dreaming (or, remembering) made up for the previous night's big blank. LOTS going on! An old flame made an appearance. I didn't capitulate, even in my dream...that's cool. Doesn't mean I didn't want to. I listened to Jeff Buckley's Grace while drawing and painting, and now it's a live recording from some radio station. My friend Clark gave me a copy of it, I have no idea where he got it. Perfect accompanyment for my morning's rendering...thanks Jeff. He talks a fair amount on the show, in between his amazing singing and playing. What a voice.

As for the drawing....a little off, but that's okay, I am learning. Perspective and especially deep perspective/foreshortening is a great interest of mine and I like to play with it. Not so much of that going on in this piece, but hands are so fascinating to me. Had a bit of bump with that today but again - s'awright, everything I do helps me learn and grow. I was positively jigging around the kitchen/studio this morning because honestly I have so much fun and satisfaction drawing and stuff like this. I mean I'm about beside myself, it's so great.

As you can see...lately it's been line drawing and watercolor, or watercolor pencil, or all three. I loves me those ZIG Millenium pigment ink pens.

Time to go out into the world now.

1 comment:

Anne said...

So, a blue tint to the skin denotes dream world? Or modd, perhaps? Such a furrowed brow....