Pages

Saturday, May 06, 2006

i-i-it's my friday



Illustration Friday's theme this week:

FAT

Am I poking fun? Rather. As one who's been so thin that I have no menstrual cycle and running five miles a day, to some twenty or thirty or morety pounds overweight and everything in bewteen, no stranger to bulimia and anorexia in the past, I have a lot to say about this issue. I know what it feels like to feel fat but be underweight; I know how it feels to have extra padding and feel absolutely great, healthy, and able to eat one slice of cake and not go ballistic on my own ass. What I absolutely abhor is fashion modeling, the whole fashion industry, and the bullshit they sell and how perfectly it's bought by even the most intelligent people because it's such an emotional issue to believe that being thin equals being acceptable, blah blah blah. It's sad, really.

We're all gonna have liver spots and wrinkles someday, if we make it that old. Hey. I am getting okay with that. I already have wrinkles, and I'm not even 40. I have cellulite, too, and stretch marks, that I've had since I was a puber.

So go ahead. Eat that slice of cake. And slow down while you do it, and enjoy the hell out of it.

9 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

You tell em sister! :-)

Tony LaRocca said...

Life is meant to be enjoyed. Go for it!

TheTart said...

Yup, lets have cake. Good post! Cool illo.

Big brownie smooch,
The Tart
; )

BTW, those 2 guys above R my favorite boy bloggers! U R in good company, natch. ; )

Anonymous said...

Great work! And how true it is what you say here. I could relate, and I did a similiar take on the theme. So enjoy!! and take care!

Anonymous said...

i suppose it's pretty common for former anorexic/bulimics to become inordinately happy with cake once they're "recovered".
i know i am!

Anonymous said...

(i like the drawing too by the way.)

Victoria Koldewyn said...

hey folks...thanks for stopping by and leaving huzzahs and stuff! Some new faces and OMG! Christine! And you just left me another one. I'm gonna go say hi to you now.

Kim de Young said...

you are absolutely right, life is for enjoying, take care of yourself and feel good about yourself, great post!

Jayster said...

Hi V.

I've only just started this IF thing. Pretty cool to find you here! great little character too!

I like the sentiments, and your interpretation of it too.