Pages

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

must. make. art.

OH what a glorious day! The only task I did not accomplish that I set out to is putting a new set of rear brakes on the bike. Hopefully they will sally me forth another day. Figured I wouldn't want to be bored of household chores to do tomorrow, sooo....

Made some art for kiyotei this morning and am thinking about some more ATCs for his virus call. Joined another deco group. Good ol' Eraser Queen, going and starting an Original Art deco group on Yahoo!! I really dig collage...but so much of what passes for collage is just stuff I'm not interested in. I want to see people's illustrations!! yeah!

Bi-Mart (a locally owned and operated nearly department sized store with prices that beat the pants off Fred Meyer...for instance...$3.99 for my beloved crayola washable markers at Freddies, saw 'em for $2.79 today at Not-Straight-Mart) finally got a shipment in! Of what?! Of sardines in tomato sauce, that is what! See me do the happy sardine dance. I love that stuff. I am telling you, it's cheap, and delicious over pasta, and it's protein.

It's probably loaded with lead and mercury, too. I try to eat pretty low on the food chain but mmmm....sardines....

So I rode over there, and then ducked in to the dollar store AGAIN to buy some gel pens for a buck a pack and they're gorgeous, I am going to do something on a postcard real soon here. And then I dropped off some stuff at the Post-not-Pre-Office, and got a book at the library (fourth in the Deverry series, Katharine Kerr...what a writer she is!). Went for a ride along the canal...hung up the laundry on the back porch since the sunny weather is back. LOVE IT.

Made a couple ATCs for my new pal Jessye. We swapped. I got hers today! Have a look:





Is she not fabulous?? And talented? Woo!

This is for that 'Sharpies Only' Swap.

Last night I did an 'idiosyncratic' ATC from Blueness. She mailed out several envelopes full of various ephemera and stuff and all of us were to only use the material provided. NO pens, paints, or any of our own stuff. Plus one 'mandatory material'. This is what I came up with, it's called Ruby Flees the Automati-ville. The Mandatory Material is her antennae.



Oh god, what fun. I'd never use the stuff in those ways otherwise.

Off I go to make more madness.

5 comments:

weehoon said...

nice collective thoughts and work you have here , i like your experimental art too

Pinkdotties said...

I like the robot one... hmm we should so trade atc's!

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

Fun robot!!

r.

Issi said...

wow its a beautiful illustrations :o)))

Victoria Koldewyn said...

hey everyone...thanks for stopping by and saying howdy-do!