Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

self-portraiture

I've heard of such things. Well tonight I worked on some covers for decos I'm making and realized I could do a Self Portrait Tuesday with them. I picked one.



It's a monoprint, I used acrylics - I put a picture underneath a pane of glass, and then painted over it a few lines at a time. I must have registered the paper upwards of fifty times. I love seeing the image emerge, layer after layer until...voilĂ ! It's always a surprise because although you do have some control over where to put the paint and what color/combinations to use, the paint often does unexpected things, but it's always cool-looking, I think.

I just checked out the SPT site and apparently there is a major overhaul going on. So I'm not linking yet, not until I read more about it, and not until I get some decent good night's sleep! Once again I am nosing into the wee hours...

1 comment:

Issi said...

wow, its beautiful ! I love it, the colours ....super super :o)) Have you a nice day