Pages

Monday, April 10, 2006

Christopher Robin

That's my brother's name. My mom told me when I was a kid, that Christopher used to eat bird seed and hold an umbrella and want to jump off the roof, thinking he could fly. Now that sounds like a big brother I'd like to have around - fun times! We didn't grow up together though; however, when I did see him he'd tease me mercilessly.

Last thing I ever heard from him was via email. It was six years ago and he said that he hadn't heard me talk about my 'artsy fartsy stuff' and what was up with that, basically. Well...here I am, finally doing art every day just like I love to. Pretty damn cool. Hey Chris - did you send me to the library when that Mail Art exhibit was on? Cause it's changed my whole life.

Here are a couple ten-second ink drawings for you...RIP, bro - miss you with much immenseness.



He was married to the bike, a true desert rat as well - always riding or climbing something.



(Dad in case you are visiting - you can click on the pics to go larger)

Do you ever get over the weirdness of people turning from an animated bag of bones to a lifeless lump of flesh?! It's just...bizarre..the whole thing is bizarre. Miraculous and cool as all hell, but - did I mention bizarre?

2 comments:

Issi said...

You have a wonderful painting, I very like it. Keep in touch, Issi

Willie Baronet said...

I assume he passed away? Sorry to hear about that. Your post was touching.