Pages

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring Forward

Nine years ago today, my mother was buried in a cemetery in Ogden, Utah. During the goodbye bit that some churchgoer was administering, a crow flew close-by calling out three times in a sharp loud raspy voice. I glanced around but no one else seemed to notice. Maybe they were asphyxiated on the bishop's voice. My brother vowed to come back each year and glug a can of Coors in her memory (she stopped drinking beers to go back to church) and piss on her grave. Did he say that part or did I make it up? Well he never did that; he died a few years later and had moved out of state and back in.



I don't know, if I had worked today, would I feel as affected. But I sure do feel somber. I've been painting dark things today, but tinged with a bit of color here and there. I had plans to don my thinking cap, which really does look like a fool's cap, and get silly. Those plans can wait.



I really do hope she is resting in peace somehow, somewhere, for her own sake. She went out with renewed piss and vinegar, spitting at my sister all the way though! Yeah! True colors! It's okay mom we still love you!

4 comments:

Issi said...

Oh Im so sorry ...
but do you know? You have a very good line: sensitive, soft...Have you a beautiful day :o) keep in touch, Issi

Victoria Koldewyn said...

thanks Issi, you are a sweetheart

Issi said...

Oh, thank you :o) You are a very nice :o)

Willie Baronet said...

Another touching post. My mom died a couple of years ago and I am just getting to where I want to draw her now. :-)