Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Illustration Friday - Capable

Wooo just under the wire! Here is this week's Illustration Friday, uh, illustration.

After working for several hours on the Paid Assignment for NextStep, I switched gears to do this. Oh man I'm so glad I did! For anyone who has ever, say...learned to play an instrument: do you remember when, after hours and more hours of learning how to place fingers and read sheet music that one day you suddenly start doing it without thinking so much about it? Well tonight was like that with Photoshop, which I'm just now learning. Everything I've learned up until now finally gelled and I was loosened up and I had a LOT of fun coloring this.

When I drew it, I didn't have the plan that it would be a frog stretching across that ravine (or whatever you want it to be). But it seems appropriate and so I'll insert the metaphor of a frog who doesn't realize she is built to leap. Or hasn't dared. Or, you know......that sort of thing.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! Your colouring in PS is excellent and the colours you've chosen work really well. Love the sketch too...

Cindy D. said...

This is great! I love his shoes and his great expression. I must admit that I don't know why he needs THAT flower (If that is his purpose in leaping), since there is a perfectly nice flower behind his right foot!

crazylady said...

Haha.. I agree with you, Cindy! This is really fun, though!

Creations By Mit said...

Great expression and action! Congrats on your photoshop progress! I'd say you've got it!!! Still learning, myself!

Victoria Koldewyn said...

Well good morning artists! Thanks for your comments, that is really cool and fun to read...and encouraging :)

The flower can be another metaphor (ugh! ha ha!). Don't ignore what you already have on your own patch of grass and ummmm...tie that in somehow with the word 'capable' LOL