Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Illustration Friday - Grounded


YAW!

I loved doing this one. Started to really roll once Jane's Addiction shuffled through on the iTunage. I've been reading Calvin and Hobbes again lately (can you tell). Also Amelia Rules! by Jimmy Gownley. It's super fun and our library has several volumes. Another good one is Ottos' Orange Day by Jay Lynch and Frank Cammuso. Also been digging the art of Dan Santat. And last but definitely not least, Jhonen Vasquez. You may know him best because Nickelodeon picked him up to do Invader Zim (Jhonen's....friendly side).

Next I want to start paying particular attention to backgrounds. Sure I'm always looking at them when I'm reading (drooling over) comics and graphic novels. But, Happy New Year you resolution you, now I'll start applying stuff and messing around more. Yes. I will. Mess around!!!

4 comments:

Victoria Koldewyn said...

hi Issi! so great to see you, hope you are doing well. Thanks for your comment :)

Mary Tap said...

I really think you should start doing a mini comic book series (only if you havent thought of it). I would totally read it and your drawings would fit it perfectly! :D

Victoria Koldewyn said...

hey TappidyTap! I looove comics (uhm in case you can't tell). I love doing mini comics too! I haven't done them for awhile though. It's time to kick it up!

Fi Webster said...

I didn't know you were into Jhonen Vasquez! I like his not-so-nice side. =grin= I love the way you drew the two kids' hair and stubble—hilarious!