Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Diabolicalisms

Oh shit and fuck me. I'm falling into the 'it's all been said and done before so why even bother' hole. Ugh.

It all started (this time) after I woke up from a late afternoon nap (today). (what the fuck did I dream? some soul-sucking thing sucked out my soul and I'm soulless now?) I was rather raring to go on some little art project or other (nothing planned). Sat down to see what was up on a few sites, and stumbled back on Odosketch. It was going well enough, me with my mouth slack and synapses popping, holy mother, there is a lot of art out there and look what people are doing. Look what they are envisioning. Look how easy they make it look. Look at all that depth and volume. You can actually click on a finished picture and Odo will reel back time, letting you see the manner in which the damn thing was 'made'.

I started feeling like I was missing something. A way of seeing that seems to elude me, the harder I chase it.

You see where this is going. All of these thoughts, leading me down the rabbit hole. Where it could be fun, except I'm running from the Queen of Hearts who thinks to cut mine out (apparently I still have a heart even though I've been soul-sucked). And she's yelling, "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

I started thinking, gee, maybe I should use some of that loan money to buy myself a Wacom. They're relatively inexpensive. Relatively.

Dejected and disgruntled, I hung up my hat (so to speak) and went out into the yard, pulled some weeds, and all the dying, leggy vegetables (not much sun back there), composted them, repotted a tomato, watered, ate a few blueberries off the bush and now you see me here.

Maybe I shouldn't read Transmetropolitan before naptime. Oh hell yeah. It's wicked, and I laugh gleefully when I read it. I highly recommend it, can't recommend it too much in fact.  Fully realized future/other-world and this angry hilarious crazy brilliant irreverent subversive (gonzo) journalist whipping it up into a frenzier. I really believe that Spider Jerusalem exists. The writing, the artwork. Look what those people are doing; what they are envisioning....yeah. Well I know how many years those guys have been doing comics and whatnot. They (probably) (hopefully) made a lot of bad art and wrote a lot of suckass stories before the likes of TransMet.

I'm almost ready to grab my trusty ballpoint pen and sketchbook.

No comments: