Pages

Saturday, May 08, 2010

it is Saturday, 08th of May


And here are the second five of the list I posted a few weeks ago, from Carrie's syllabus.

Some rules and hints for Students and Teachers
By John Cage

Rule 6: Nothing is a mistake. There's no win and no fail. There's only make.
(oh my god, I seriously needed to hear that.....I am feeling better already)

Rule 7: The only rule is work- if you work it will lead to something. it's the people who do all of the work all of the time who eventually catch on to things.
(can you feel it??)

Rule 8: Don't try to create and analyze at the same time. They're different processes.
(WHOAH!)

Rule 9: Be happy whenever you can manage it. Enjoy yourself. It's lighter than you think.
(Artists do not need to be moody and brooding.....at least not all of the time)

Rule 10: We're breaking all of the rules. Even our own rules and how do we do that? By leaving plenty of room for "x" quantities.

I met with an academic advisor at UofO where I plan to transfer and new information has come to light. I'll need two years' proficiency in a foreign language for my BA. Uhhh......I guess that's pretty standard, but I had no idear. I'm excited in a way, and also - well it's interesting because now that I am on a trajectory with art, it's what I want to immerse myself in. I had the idear that since most of my general eds are fulfilled from WSU in the 90s, I'll just be concentrating on ART. Not so.

I guess that is what a Master's is for.

Hmmmmmmmm............

Here's a foot from this morning!



The floor is really dusty with charcoal; all the model's bare feet end up completely blackened. I love to draw 'em.

Sandy was a font of inspiration and advice today, including, "oh and don't make the background all black like that......add some of the other colors." (on the one below) I was going for a stylized background, not realistic :) And I wanted a very crisp edge.

The cleft in the buttocks is creeping even me out. That's saying something. But oh right, a learning opportunity.



I went for a bike ride after drawing and I saw the coolest mallard - all the feathers (at least the ones I could see) are an iridescent black!


I'm gonna go watch some Art21 and let slumber take me early.

2 comments:

Caio Fern said...

good list of rules .
and i liked the works so much !!

kisses my dear !

Victoria Koldewyn said...

hiiii!!!! you are so hilarious, thanks! I skimmed by your blog..you are up to some pretty funny shenanigans, my dear boy :)xxxxx - V