Pages

Sunday, August 05, 2007

almost monday



.........the continuing story........

And actually inspired by a dream from the other night, where I was riding in a driverless taxi through chaotic streets of a dreary England city. I had no destination in mind; in fact, I was deliberately destination-less, trusting to fate and god knows what-all-else to deliver me safely and in once piece. I found myself in an even more dismal neighborhood where everything was awash in grey. And there was no organic food. No vegetables. No fruit. No nothing. Probably saltines. And, Jacque's shelty Josie was with me. I felt so bad! No nuggets for her dinner! No nothing! Probably not even saltines.

So, I turned it into this double-panel, to continue with the story begun at the inception of this altered book way back in....May? And it's.........August? Well, well. That is a fine how do ya do.

Much harvesting around here. I slathered home made pesto on home made bread last night. Seriously some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life. Today I met a coworker friend at HER garden (community gardens abound in this city) and she gave me corn, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a couple of sort-of spindly/on their way out basil plants, "Time for these to go!". So I made pesto with sunflower seeds and tahini rather than nuts, since Jacque is allergic to nuts.

I did load it up with garlic though....'ware!!

No comments: