Pages

Friday, January 19, 2007

fry day

Basically, I did art all day, with a little work on the side. Primo! I began the day designing and constructing a welcome banner for our new Adult Services Department Head, who starts on monday. She's coming from Kansas....yah I can hear the jokes now. I did a bunch of colorful bubbly stuff without succumbing to crafty pukey. Then I worked on my zine at lunch, and doodled the back cover on break and copied it off. Yup!

Now I'm wrapping up the evening with a couple more drawings for issue #4 of One Hand Clapping. Yesterday I saw my pal Chuck at work and he hadn't seen me since the cast came off. He said that my wrist looks longer. So then I aped a monkey and dragged my knuckles on the ground.





Yeargh! I keep running out of room to round out and complete the characters. I think I start small but then everything gets more inflated or something. Still learning. Fun though!

And now, lookey the time. Approaching way too late hour! Still need to do physical therapy, brush, floss, etc etc etc. Hope yer all peachy.

**edit** oh crap crap crappity crap! Pretend that is my left wrist in the drawing. Working from photos of yourself can be tricky business! At least the thumb is on the right....yeah, it's on the right way. I get that mixed up sometimes too. If you draw both thumbs on the opposite way (from anatomically correct), do they become just plain ol' 'posable' thumbs...? or would that be apposable...

3 comments:

Tonje said...

Hey, great drawings, V! Very nice hands!!! I like the "monkey" drawing.... that little banana skin says it all.... lol....

Victoria Koldewyn said...

tonje! hi girl! I love hands and drawing them presents a challenge that I can't seem to get enough of.

hee hee....

Anonymous said...

Your characters have a lot of character....that sounds really dorky. I cannot resist drawing hands, either. They're so expressive and so many artists seem to avoid them. I keep waffling about this book "Drawing Dynamic Hands" because my husband bought me a hand drawing book a couple of years ago but that "Dynamic" book just looks good. Keep it up and you'll soon have your own Syndicated toon in my "paper comedies" as my mother in law would say.