Pages

Thursday, June 01, 2006

that's what lunch hours are for



I'm workside, finished my eating bit, now I'm jamming over here for a quick one. I'm so in love with the new carving set! Made this yesterday morning. Going to be learning lots about this medium, especially since now it is even more of a joy to work in with tools that make it so much easier.

Went to Target last night (say it french, 'tarjay'). You know I love that place. And I don't really go in for Malls or department stores, but for some reason the Target on this side of town is just divine. (I still turn up my nose at Wal Mart, although I did hear that they are the largest importer and distributor of...hold on to your everythings...organic produce in the United States. DAMMIT!!) But I got a deal on toilet paper. I always look out for their sales. Scott Tissue, 1,000 sheets per roll, 12 of 'em, plus a dollar off coupon brought my total to an ass-wiping, meager $5.50. That is CHEAP!!!

Also fished a great big sheet of near day-glo orange paper out of the Technical Services recyling bin yesterday. It is perfect for the papier-mache I plan on doing. The hair, it's perfect for the hair.

Know what I wish? That Baz Luhrmann would make another movie. Another one like Romeo and Juliet. That was truly a masterpiece. The first time I saw an episode of LOST I thought hey...that black guy...(not the big black preacher man)...he was in Romeo and Juliet! Who was he?? Mercutio? 'aye, 'tis but a scratch' - that one.

But I am very happy that Rhadha Mitchell is finally in another movie!! Silent Hill was at the Cineplex for about...two blinks, and now it's gone. It should hit the dollar show any week now. I hope. And with Sean Bean?! YES! He was in the original Terminator, right? One of my other all-time faves. My friend Clark and I played Silent Hill on my Playstation. Yes, JUST Playstation, the original. Well okay, we've nearly finished it...we actually do not have that much ammo left and have quite frankly not much hope of getting out alive, and neither of us are truly really ready to just start all over again. Well maybe you are Clark but I'm not yet.

That bike ride was sure lovely the other day. Rolling hills and birds all along the way, smells like summer but not too hot...it was perfect, really. Feeling a little crunchy today - the pollen count has shot through the freakin' roof around here. Gah.

Guess I better brush my teeth and go back to work.

adieu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mercutio.....I tried to name each of my children Mercutio but my partner would not go for it. Damn.

Tonje said...

Victoria,
I just loooooove that carved stamp at the top here.... Wow! How big is it? It doesn't really matter 'cos I Love it, love it, love it.

I don't do dollars (or american prices for that matter), so I don't know what is cheap or not, but that your total on loo roll came to an "ass-wiping" $5.50... LOL LOL! I had a bit of trouble gettin good toilet paper when we moved here (UK)... I tried to buy the cheap brands, cos, you know, I don't want to spend a fortune on loo roll.... but I soon found out that the cheapest toilet paper wasn't that good... It kind of dissolved and stuck to your... well, you know... so after buying a few different cheap ones, I had to resign... and buy the more expensive toilet paper.... woops... maybe a bit over-share here?? Anyway... have a nice day, and I hope your toilet paper works....