Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

rubber legs

(three hour bike ride today - what am I, NUTS?! No. Yes. No. YES, my OCDs must be kicking in again! let's just see if I can make it to THAT little hill over there...okay how 'bout round that bend over there.....enough already)

So here's my treat. It's called Inka, and I really do love it, even though it's a coffee-default (see I don't drink coffee anymore, not since I quit smoking - which I may add was two years and five months ago.......I love the smell of coffee, I'm sure by now if I drank any I'd be okay and not have to go buy some dutch import and roll a fag.....but what is the point? why drink coffee if I'm not going to smoke a ciggie?!). Inka is a natural grain beverage..sounds nasty, no? It's great! Really! chicory, barley, beet and some other root (don't gag, it really is good - have you ever tried grilled cheese and peanut butter sandwiches? okay then don't knock it 'til ya try it). I heat up almond milk (don't drink cow juice...unless it's frozen of course) and it's a sort of latte. I'm allergic to soy, that would be my first choice though.



This is what it looks like in powder form:



Where is she going with this, you might ask. Well......scroll down a bit....



This is my backup bag of Inka. I hauled it out of the freezer yesterday. What the hell happened? It's...tar.



Thank god I didn't wait until the last scoop of Inka was gone before investigating, I would've been sorely disappointed. As it is, I have enough for several more cups, and I do this ritual once a week usually. Accompanied by a scone. And I am due.

I'm also going to carve another stamp....so stay tuned, and in the meantime, if you'd like to gander at the little weirdo clay faces I sculped recently and then painted today, you can do that right here.

anon, y'all

No comments: