Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2006

nightcap

I started to draw something completely different, and I was even working from a photograph I found on the internet. But as I drew a couple lines, something......bifurcated. Once again I got to draw from my head. It is an amazing thing, I tell you, seriously a dream come true, like magic. I give you Ophelia Van Satyr (gonna do a bit of touch-up but this is a good first go...really like her):

(this pic now represents the bit of clean-up I just did, this morning, I am editing the post after a good night's sleep)


4 comments:

Tonje said...

Wow, Victoria, she is sooooo cool. I love her hair and the energy in that carving. It's just vibrating... For me this picture feels like she's been holding something in for sooo long and finally letting it all out... You can see all the tension/frustration leaving her body.... Maybe not what you meant it to be.... but that's what I see.... Great work!

Tonje:-)

Victoria Koldewyn said...

Thanks Tonje - I think you've tapped right into it. I printed a bunch, well - several - and this morning a whole legion of Ophelias were there to greet me. That's a lot of Ophelia..whooooo....

EraserQueen said...

Girl, You NEED to get enough work together to have your own show...this stuff is as good, or even better than what I see printed in freakin' BOOKS.

Seriously, you need to have a show!

Victoria Koldewyn said...

awww....wow, thanks!! I have been intimidated and uninterested in the idea (having my own show) until recently. I think I have gained more confidence in the last several weeks, between just practicing, belonging to so many great forums, plus the encouragement that y'all give me too. I am gearing up for it, I think.

eeeeee!!!!