Pages

Monday, June 12, 2006

mmfph

I should SO be in bed. I'm fading fast. Went for an extra long bike ride today...going down the stairs this evening was something my legs told me they had to work at! Was a great ride though, wasn't hot today.

So, another mini-ATC for a swap over at ATCards. Another carved stamp, whaddya know? This one evolved, as they usually do......unexpected places. I like it.



On watercolor paper, with a watercolor wash background, printed with water-soluble printing ink. 1.5 x 2.5"

oh yawn, good night.

3 comments:

Tonje said...

Oooohhh Victoria.... another great one! You are soo amazing! How do you do it?? You must be sooo busy... how long does it take to carve something like that? And how on earth do you come up with all your great ideas???? I envy you your talent and skill.....

Oh, and I love your notes on my blog too... Thanks. It makes it so much more worthwhile when you know someone is reading it, looking at the pictures and enjoying it... (or at least taking the time to go and have a look.)

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Tonje

Zhenia said...

I love your carving style. It's so satisfyingly chunky. It reminds me quite a bit of wood block prints.

Victoria Koldewyn said...

aw thanks girls! I love to chunk it up. I love the whole process. I love the whole learning thing too.

Tonje - since these are sooo tiny, from start to finish it's probably about..an hour and then some. A bit more including the drawing. But you gotta go soo slow when it's tiny too, one small wrong move and you could be minus a beak or a bum, ya know?