Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2006

luck of a sort

It's not what you're thinking. No I didn't wear those jeans today! Oh, brother. I just roll my eyes and shake my head every time I think about that, or see the little label when I go pee or something. It's just so...funny and ridiculous and...a little part of me hopes it'll actually bring a little luck my way.

But I did have some luck today! Ya know, scrounger that I am, I found a bag in the garbage. If you read a few posts back I was shaking my head in disbelief (again, already, but for different reasons)...a girl in line ahead of me at Target bought a brown paper bag for a buck fifty. Well looky what I got for FREE and the price on the bottom says four bucks! Ha!!



Not that I'll ever really use it, ummm...it's not my thing, but....well it could be, if I tucked some grotesque (but cute) little papier-mache or sculpey figure inside and gifted someone with it.

Someone asked me today if I got my hairs cut! ha ha haaaa! No, I did not, I told her the same thing I wrote here earlier, that I've been hacking away at it on my own for months now. But ya know...if you don't wash your hair for a day or two, and fluff it with a drier, and put a bit of cheap product in it..voila! You too can go for months without paying for a haircut. Well okay maybe not, but I can. I guess I can defer another week, or two..maybe more...with a bit of luck.

Drew a bit on lunch today, then came home and finished another sketch of Mina to Watashi (everyone and I). Here is a print, I couldn't NOT make a print, it really does look spiffy-more than a stamp although stamps do still charm me.




Watashi wa...watashi wa...dang! I forgot how to say I work at the library in japanese!

Tonje pointed out today in an email to me that 'mina' is a bird in english! You're absolutely right, you are so smart. That is so cool I am so glad you said that. Wow. In japanese you pronounce it like 'me nah'. Language and habit and brains are all so amazing and cool, huh? Thanks T!

It's after eleven now, I gotta double back early day in to work tomorrow so tucking in soon. Thank you everyone for your words, comments, and lovely emails today - I will be catching up with you all very soon and I think of you all throughout my day.

Oh and while I'm thinking of thoughts and thinking...let's give Josie, my friend Jacque's shelty, some good love. She ate an entire bag of marshmallows AND THE BAG on sunday, I learned today. OMG. She's at the vets under surveillance, getting antibiotics, stuff to keep her from throwing up more but hopefully pass whatever else might be in there - out. oh geez oh geez I hope that little girl is gonna be okay.

Warm thoughts to everyone, around the globe.

5 comments:

Issi said...

Hi Victoria :o) I love your photos and your breakfast, I have photos on the http://photosissi.blogspot.com/
Keep in touch, Issi

Tonje said...

Oh Victoria.... another GREAT carving... how do you do it?? I just loooove your Mina to Watashi series!! LOVE them, do you hear?
Keep up the good work!
Tonje

Etayne said...

..and you know "Mina" in german is an old way of saying "love"...
I mina the carving, girl. And the hair!! :::chuckle:::
Hope Josie feels better soon. Can you believe dogs??? They eat anything! Fiona gave us a scare and a $200 vet bill by eating (so we thought) sewing needles!
Happy day to you!
Later,
Etayne

Victoria Koldewyn said...

Hi girls! Issi, so nice to see you, I will check your bloggy soon! (I am on break at work right now...ssshhhh...hee hee)

Tonje thanks for the sweetness and the cheers. You too Etayne! ACK! I would be utterly panicked about the prospect of SEWING NEEDLES inside a tummy...waaahhh! Glad she is okay...so far Josie is doing okay too.

s'later..time to go back and put the new mags out.

Tonje said...

oh, and I forgot to say.... it's so fun to se pictures of YOU... now I know what you look like.... it's always nice to put a face to a name...

T.