Pages

Friday, June 23, 2006

in the waning of the day

I blanched those three ginormous bunches of rainbow chard, as planned...yum. Ate some just a bit ago. With quinoa (it's a grain, and it is a complete protein). And jasmine rice. And some seaweed. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Seaweed is supposed to be really good for you and a co-worker told me a miracle story about it curing her daughter in law's endometriosis so...I'm glad I like it already :^) I think it helps me and The Girls. I drizzle toasted sesame seed oil over it all and then just good ol' salt and pepper. It's soooo good. I love salt and pepper.

Also did an ATC, for a swap due at end of month. This one's called VOX. I knew I wanted another human figure, but I couldn't use myself for this particular angle, or some angles that I want - don't have a tripod and my arms aren't long enough and...anyway I found some great figures in David Mack's Kabuki graphic novel on lunch, so I sketched one out and then inked it in tonight. The bubbles evolved tonight too.



Guess I had better get serious about packing it in. I would love to draw some more but...then it gets to be 1 am and that's no good. I loathe to leave my drawing table...parting is such sweet sorrow. Oh, brother - gag. But it's only a bit hyperbolic, really. I'm totally hooked and engaged.

No comments: