Pages

Saturday, June 03, 2006

chez moi a nuit

Time to turn back the covers and crawl into bed. My god, what happened to the day?? Was a beauty. Posted a little video over this-a-way. Did a little bit of art. Playing with gel medium, and the ideas crowding around in me head. Then played around with lo-light. Here, the same setting by candlelight that I posted earlier, the flowers and netsuke on the table:



Netsuke are tiny carved figures by the artists of Japan. They are often whimsical and most people feel an immediate affinity with them. This one came in a potted plant I bought at a garage sale about six years ago. It wasn't until last year when I studied japanes that I learned what this little fellow is (it's a fisherman, very sweet, with the appropriate holes carved into it so that it can be hung from an obi, or sash. Netsuke served at one end of a cord; the other held a small case for putting medicinals, tobacco, or yen inside. The whole thing is fitted through/under the obi, since kimonos don't have pockets....). I was very excited about the discovery and promptly hauled him out of the planter.

Then I did more lomography, with a flashlight, and me.





I think it qualifies as lomography. Oh who the hell cares? If I have to think about qualifiers, then it is most definitely NOT lomography...so I'm not gonna say anything more about it.

bon soir

1 comment:

Issi said...

wonderful lomography, I like it :o)