Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2006

another fine day

I thought maybe I'd settle on the couch early and watch Monster's Ball - but I don't think that's gonna happen tonight. It being a quarter past eleven and all. Saw the picture awhile back and was stunned, seemed a good time to view it again. Maybe I'll just start it tonight.....I'm famous for that, I can watch one movie all week that way. Our library has the most amazing DVD collection. Free cinema?! How can you top that?

Went on an earlier bike ride with a couple of friends. We crossed over the Autzen Bridge, which is one of several footbridges that span the Willamette, rounded the cloverleaf and at the bottom was a woman playing her flute, with an amp any everything. It was beautiful, eerie, sad and strange but also rich and mature, so - happy is too bright a word, but......contented sounding. I went out again later for a longer ride, still felt energetic. I know that sun isn't good for your skin but...I feel good being out in it and getting a little color on me!

Tonight I lomographied some more:





Untouched photos, just point and shoot in a dark room with that handy little flashlight again.

And also, another carving, this time for a mini-ATC swap. Who knew such a thing existed? Instead of the standard 2.5 x 3.5" ATC size, these are 1.5 x 2.5". I made several different color combinations, with watercolor, and then inked up and printed them all out. This one photographed the best I think:



good night.....hope your day was as golden as mine, at least in some regard. I feel like crying, the day was so gorgeous and full.

2 comments:

Tonje said...

It's good to hear that you had a good day yesterday.

I do that with films as well.... start it one day, and watch the rest another... It's a great way to watch a movie when you haven't got time to sit down and watch the whole thing....

I like your new carving.... another great one! It got such great movement... love it!

Victoria Koldewyn said...

Hi Tonje! Thanks so much - I love your notes. I'm gonna go see what you've been up to on your bloggy next :-)