Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

life in the fast lane

::screeches to a halt::

Whoah! My eyes are tearing up, I'm going so fast now! Jason came over on friday and found out why my pages were loading so slow (I even made a tribute video clip over next door). (even my new oven burners heat up ultra fast! hot hot hot! she's a babe! and she's next door on video too) He was kind enough to spend a few hours with me, 'splainin stuff, and now, Le Grande Dame, she runs purrrrr like a dream so speedy too. MANY THANKS JASON!!

I just typed an 'at' symbol and I realized...it looks like an ear, at least in my browser @ sticking out from the side of a head @(

This is a going-fast-person with red hair and it could be me, god knows I have enough hair days like this one:



This afternoon I walked over to the post office (I put my contribution to Brain Cell in the post to Ryosuke in Japan! weee-oooo!) and on the way back made a pit stop at the library. I'd never used the elevator before, but since my knee's been on the out and I didn't want to risk tearing anything climbing stairs, I decided that there's no better time than the present. New experience!

Scary experience. It's rickety. And dim. It reminds me of Dark Waters (the japanese horror film...seen it? c-r-e-e-p-y..and well done):



Yeah well I drew my ear in way the hell down by my...well not in the vicinity of where my ear should be at any rate. I've been doing better just drawing from my head. Here I took a picture of me in my rain bonnet looking scared and did a sketch.



Here's a rework, even more cartoonish. Egh. I'm off tonight. Although I did a bang-up job on an ATC for a personal trade this evening. S'okay then.

I wanted to find out who initiated the Mail Art gallery that was in the Library a few months ago. Been meaning to do that. Guy by the name of Eddie Nero, as it turns out. If it wasn't for a series of fortunate events, or butterfly effect, or 6 degrees of separation or providence or WHATEVER...I would not have seen the show and who knows, I most likely wouldn't know about Mail Art still. My life has honestly changed so radically, in so many positive ways, since discovering it. I must thank Eddie Nero in the time-honored fashion, then!

Mmmmm.....home-made bread. Place smells soooo good, it's done baking. I'm becoming evermore liberal with the add-ins. I put flax, millet, and sunflower - almost a whole cup this time. Want some bread with your seeds? Sure is good though.

Off to try my hand at some b&w ATCs. I gesso'd some cards this morning, I want to use india ink and see what I can do.

toodles

No comments: