Pages

Friday, March 24, 2006

fry day

officially, it's friday...but technically, it's my thursday.

I miss doing more mail art. Thing is, I keep signing up for these swaps over at ATCards and Nervousness. I've got to curb my appetite.

There was a young man in a wheelchair at the intersection yesterday. I was in my car, thinking of my brother and my mother, both died around this time of year. So I was already sorta primed. But this guy...he has a sweet face, he is rolling along, disabled but doing for himself, and he just looks so - uncluttered, despite all that. Simple. In a good way.

And he's just trying to get across the road.

That's all.

And I started crying.

I don't really want to pity people. Sad is okay. I had a whole mix of feelings going on. I wanted - I wanted for us all to treat each other with basic goodness, and not treat those who we think of as 'not _____ as' (smart, pretty, abled, talented, etc ad nauseum) with disdain, or peremptorily. I wanted us to treat ourselves with basic goodness too. I think I was grinding on something that day...just usual shit...wearing myself down a bit.

No great life-altering story here, folks. But I do want to at least paraphrase what the Dalai Lama says, that the way to world peace is inner disarmament.

So this afternoon, I stole a few moments at the desk to sketch a couple ditties:



Yes, I really do have other colors besides green in my wardrobe pictures! Tee hee.



This little tart...could be a man, almost, in drag - don't you think?

Going to do some stuff now.

No comments: