Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2006

here and there and back again

Okay, I think that labeling scotch tape as 'invisible' is a misnomer. It should be relabeled as 'Very Nearly Invisible'. How do companies get away with such misrepresentation?!

The blue jays are back. Every year they find their way into the pseudo-flower-box sitting on my back porch. They bury peanuts in it. I don't know where they get the peanuts (or at least the big shells the peanuts come in). They sure like to talk about it though. The flower-box is sporting very young shoots of....chard, I think. Something must have survived over the winter and re-seeded itself. The things never get that big anyway, they're all legs and spindly ones - not much direct sunlight back there.

I received a fabulous CD mix from Christina in the mail last week!



Besides being an awesome mix in the stereo, you see here it can be used to keep my index finger from gnawing at the rest of the others.

Last night Jax and Josie (pictured) dropped by. Jax scored some rubber! She mounted it on blocks of wood and made me stamps! Now I get to carve 'em up. WAY COOL. We are working on an ATC swap for Hooters (owls! owls!) and a book (on owls!) I got after work last night also includes a CD (not being used as an anti-gnawing device). I popped it in the stereo and Josie was entranced. A score of different owl-hoots adn sounds issued forth. She's never reacted that way, ever, to something being piped out of the speakers. It was just great.



I wrote the above this morning before catching the bus to work and now I'm home. They gave me a smashing birthday party at work! I knew I should have brought my camera! Fortuantely a colleague (doesn't that sound oh-so....distinguished?) had hers and she snapped several very fun photos which she will email me soon. Our boss lady (she is SO not a boss lady type) made rice crispie treats...with espresso!! aaaaahh! And date orange muffins to be spread with sour cream. Oh. My. God. Delicious.

So now that I am home, I have opened another piece of mail in the post for my mail art call, received today. (!! exciting!!) A bloke from the UK sent me a VERY interesting bit, 'The Simon Warren Journal Project'. He talks of crows (which I have been drawing lately) and...blue jays. No kidding. And the first journal entry is dated Wed 18 June 2003. The date he sends the journal piece to me is Feb 18. 18s are a prominent number in my life, and I honestly don't go looking for them...they inevitably find ME. The last three places I've been employed at, I've begun on the 18th of a month. Even when I changed departments at the library, my new job last year was offered to me by letter in officiality on the 18th. My car registration expiry is 18 and did you know that there are 18 different kinds of animals in Barnum Animal Cracker boxes? Oh the list goes on and on. Simon is the name I gave the local/community tom cat and Simon is the best-smelling cat in the whole wide world. Thank you Mr. Simon Warren, this is a most gracious gift - a hand-written thought-out, intriguing parcel to receive in the post!

On that note, I bid you all adieu...I need a walk to loosen up my back. I will save the rest of Mr. Simon's journal to savor when I return.

1 comment:

Pinkdotties said...

hey what songs does that cd have?